Cannot scan the folder is one of the network issues you might face operating the wireless printer of Ricoh. Here, we are I am suggesting a solution for this for this problem. This article will be most effective for the Aficio MP 171 C3002 model of the Ricoh printer. This problem is related to the network connection, and you can recognize it when you can’t scan the folders over the available network. You can also receive this error while sending the files to the print job, “sending failed, check the settings and scan status.” You can now remove the error as the “Ricoh Printer Customer Support” is suggesting the appropriate configuration.
Perform these steps to resolve the network problem
- First of all, you have to connect your printer with the server which is hosting the share.
- We suggest you use the domain admin account which you used for the scanning
- Make sure that you can copy or share the files using the network
- After that, you have to reboot the device
- You should also reboot your router with which it is connected
- Set your printer’s domain common as the DNS Server.
- You must configure these settings on that page
- Move to the Device Management and select the option of Configuration from there
- After that, you have to click on the File transfer option and enter the username and password
- Keep the SMB User Name in this format, “domain\username.”
- Go to the Device management after this and click on the Address book from there
- Change the destination of the folder
- The time and date on the printer must match with the server.
Get more solutions from us
You can encounter ample problems while using the mechanic devices such as printers and scanners. This distinct issue can emerge in the scanners and multipurpose printers as well. You can take these steps mentioned above or contact us at Ricoh Printer Helpline Number USA +1-866-662-5999. We will explain the problem and the solution I detail until you are properly satisfied.